Saturday, March 10, 2012

Movies for little ones at AMC movie theaters

http://www.amctheatres.com/sff/

The link above is for information for AMC movie theaters for movies that are shown on the first Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m.  The movies are designed to be OK for children with sensory issues, but I think it is better for any young child for a movie experience.  I took my grandson (who is not autistic and does not have sensory issues) to see the movie "The Lorax" at an AMC theater without realizing it was the special sensory showing.  I had been a little concerned that the loudness of the movie would bother him (he is 3 1/2); so I was pleased when the sound was plenty loud but not obnoxious.  It also says the lights are not as dark, but I didn't seem to notice that.  He sat enthralled through the whole movie- it was a good movie for him and a great experience. I don't know how many other people were there like us, unaware it was a "special showing"- it just was a nice way to watch the movie.  If you look at the link above, you will see a list of the movies for the next few months.  It is a good way to show support for a a movie theater company who is being supportive of families with children with sensory issues, many who could never see a movie in a theater without something like this.  Way to go AMC!

No comments:

Post a Comment